Friday, September 11, 2009

A little summary before the final bell....

It's still hot in my classroom, 82 degrees at the moment.  I'm more than a little tired.  But, my friends, the weekend cometh....

My sister and I have picked a song for tonight--Mark Schultz's "Letters From War."  We had a patriotic theme to work from and neither of us were feeling the traditional pick.  Of course, we haven't technically practiced it yet.  And we sing in a matter of hours.  I'm sure it will be fine.  Right?  RIGHT?  Did I mention that we are singing at a beauty pageant?  This is what you get when someone asks you for a favor in church.  I'm pretty sure making up a previous social obligation in church means I'll never have another date again. My sis and I go every year and judge unofficially from our seats and that's kind of how I liked it.  But what can you do?

The pageant is part of my town's version of a fall festival this weekend, even though it's still summer on the calendar.  Maybe I will post a picture or two as I plan on spending tomorrow wandering around the yard sales and what-not.  I'll miss most of it on Sunday by the time I go to church and then have to go back at 5:00 for Bible study.  We are doing Beth Moore's "Stepping Up."  It's been amazing, even though I am always a bit of a homework slacker.  I think it's the conversation with the other godly, awesome women in the group that I love the most!  I will hate to see this time end.

Have a great weekend!  (Even you don't get to attend a festival named after a stagnant river!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...