Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Recap

So this weekend was absolutely full and a little bit crazy.  My weekend technically started on Thursday evening, because I'd taken Friday off.  We went to dinner at Flamingo Row, one of my favorite places to eat.  Then, I went home to the 'rents to borrow some free Internet.  I was able to thank all the people who had left sweet "Happy Birthday" messages on my Facebook and just generally hang out a bit.  Between the posts, text messages, calls and special deliveries, I felt pretty special and very loved on my big day!

Friday, I ended up staying home.  I colored my hair, cleaned my bathroom, and did some uninteresting, albeit necessary things like that.  Friday night was spent at the Hoe Down, the big PTO fundraiser.  I was taking photo booth pictures to raise money for the junior high track team.  I've coached track for several years, despite the fact that I didn't actually run track in school, and we have had moderate success. I'm hoping to use some of our money for new jerseys and some equipment.  I really like running the photo booth because it is relatively easy to do and kids make good subject matter.  (They make the best faces and have some of the funniest observations!) After I was finished, I went back to Mom and Dad's and hung out because my brother was staying the night so he could to go bow hunting Saturday morning.

Saturday, the girls and I sang at a memorial service for a friend's grandson.  I've sang at a lot of funerals, but singing at a baby's is a whole 'nother level of difficult.  I can't imagine what that family is going through during this time and if you think about it, lift up a prayer for that family.  (and for all families who have lost a child, like fellow blogger, Katie, and too many others.)

After the memorial, my girls and I went out on the wine trail. It was a beautiful day, if a little chilly.  We spent a while here where we observed some young women who thought it was okay to leave the house in hot pants and winter coats.  Ladies, this is always a fashion don't.  ALWAYS.  Just trust me.  Later, we went here and were part of a wedding reception with the most interesting music. There was a rap song about a cicada and no, I'm not making this up.  When we were worn out from the trail, we went to Aunt Sandy and Uncle Jason's and had stir-fry, which rocked!!  And if I wasn't blissed out enough, I got home and found out that my junior high boys won their state quarterfinals game and would be playing the semis on Wednesday!  Way to go, boys!

Sunday, I went to church and then out to have Mexican with Sheena and Ronnie.  After a trip to WalMart, some NASCAR and a nap, I went to my darling friend, DM's, church Sunday night.  He's not just an awesome photographer, he's also a pastor.  He preached a great sermon out of Isaiah 6, then we all went out for pizza.  DM, the girls, and I have been friends since college (almost 10 years), and I always forget how much I miss having meals together.  I laugh off more calories than I consume and that's pretty impressive!

I don't know that I would want every weekend to be this busy, but I'd be okay with every weekend being full of such good memories.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I'm behind on reading your blog, but it WAS a great weekend!! There was plenty of not so great, but I think the good outweighed the bad. And it is definitely NOT ok to wear hot pants and a coat!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...