Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fabulous Friday...

I didn't have to go to work yesterday because it was Deer Day. Yes, you read that right.  It's a time honored tradition to allow our students a chance to enjoy shotgun season.  Here's to taking down a few of those adorable, white-tailed car crashers, boys and girls! 

I'm certainly not complaining.  I got to spend the day with my "nieces!"  I'm now up to four (Maleia, Maia, Kelsey, and Kamryn), Kamryn being the newest at just 8 weeks old.  I hadn't gotten to spend much time with them or their mama, Chell, recently, and I was really excited.  And judging by the screams of "Aunt Katie," so were they!  We decided to take a little trip to Marion, and we needed to take two cars, so Kelsey and Maia rode with me.  We taked about all the important subjects (kindergarten, sisters) and then sang along to the Glee soundtrack.  Leia got a haircut (12 inches, and it still hits her shoulders) and we had lunch at the Hong Kong Buffet and did some shopping (and chasing of children).  A three-cart parade and an hour later, we were done in Target and ready to head home.  This time I had Maleia in my car and we talked about important subjects (singing, sisters) and sang along with the Glee soundtrack.  Then, I went to my parents to have a free supper of chili and Italian beef.  It was a very good day...


The tweebs last Christmas...



                                                                         The big sister

However, as much as I love these adorable faces (and I do), I still am not sure that I want to have children of my own.  Because from what I have seen and heard, children are a lot of work.  They demand things like meals and clothing on a regular basis, and they don't adhere to my sleep schedule.  I will be the first one to say that I am a pretty selfish person when it comes to time.  Kids don't fit into that very well.  I know better than to say never, but from where I stand right now, it's hard to imagine a time when I would want to have a kid that I didn't get to return to their parent when one or both of us were worn out.  And I'm perfectly okay with that.  (And as long as I keep a steady supply of Play-doh, kid food, and Strawberry Shortcake, Maia is too!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...