Thursday, November 5, 2009

Questions and Encouragement

One of the things I am struggling with right now is when I don't have an answer for a situation.  It doesn't really matter what area of my life is involved--it happens in all of them.  There are several situations going on right now that I just don't have any answers for.  I don't understand why some people can have more children than they can care for, yet others desperately long for or suffer the loss of a child.  I don't know what to tell a mother who tells me that she has done everything for her child she knows to do and yet it's still not helping.  I have a clue how to help someone who is sinking under the weight of their own fears.  I wish that I had answers for these things.  The good news is that I believe God has answers.  And even if He never reveals the "why's," there is a purpose to all of this.  I don't know how people who don't have faith in God survive this life. 

On a wonderfully sweet note, I had a parent send me the sweetest message last night on Facebook.  She wanted to let me know that she appreciated my involvement with her child.  She thanked me for caring and bascially for doing what I think good teachers are supposed to do.  But, it made me feel like maybe I am making a difference, which is something I question almost every day.  Encouragement is such a gift, so today I am going to try to pass that on to someone else.  I hope you will too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...