Saturday, November 7, 2009

Unexpected Blessings

I am so thankful for a God who sees our needs when we don't even know we need them.  Cindy, the woman who was a breast cancer survivor that I met at work, sent me the sweetest card yesterday.  She wanted to thank me for the breast cancer bracelet I gave to her (which God very clearly told me to do right after our conversation) and let me know that she would be praying for the women I work with who are fighting breast cancer.  It made me cry, because it was encouragement that I didn't even know I needed, just like the parent note I received this week.  I am so thankful that God uses people to lift us up and keep us on the right path.

In other completely unrelated news, I had a very nice time shopping last night with my friend, Sheena.  We hit some great sales and I have a few adorable additions to my fall wardrobe, including some new jeans.  I can't actually remember the last time that I bought jeans, but it was time.  The ones I got are made by Lee and have an elastic waistband that doesn't look like one, which makes them fit so much better than regular jeans.  I also got two really cute tops at Macy's for $20 (that's total for BOTH, instead of $40 or more apiece like their orignal price tags.)  And I bought new black boots because my old ones were coming apart. 

Though all that makes me happy, the best part was buying the Glee soundtrack, going to Sonic and singing along all the way home!  There's nothing better than Cherry Limeade and choral arrangements, and I dare you to say different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...