Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye and Good Riddance, 2009

Usually at the end of the year, I take stock of what the last 365 days brought me.  And I suppose this year will be no different.  I am not sorry to see this year go.  The first half of it wasn't easy for me, and it feels like it's taken me most of the second half to right it.  The good news is I have.  There have been many heartbreaks, false starts, angry words.  Some of them I would like to have a "do-over" for.  But not all of them.  If I hadn't gotten angry, I might not have ever gotten better.  I know that's an odd way to look at it, but it's true.  Just goes to prove that there is purpose even in the hard things.

There have been happy moments.  My brother got engaged to Melissa, who couldn't be a better match for him.  Chell and Kelly got married in April.  Way back in January, my friend Sarah had this guy...


who is easily one of the cutest ever.  Speaking of, Chell  (and Kelly) had Kamryn in October.  And Babies are so much fun, especially when I can hand them back to someone when they are hungry, fussy, or smelly.  I vacationed in the STL with Amber, and we had a really good week as far as vacations with no beach go.  And in November, I got to cram in some beach time in Alabama with the family.

I have to say that I am really excited about 2010.  Amber and I are getting a house on the Gulf Coast for Spring Break in April for our third installment of our "girl-only vacation," even though we might let her Steven be our driver for a while this time.  And my little brother is getting married in June.  Who knows what else this year my hold?  I, for one, can't wait to get started...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...