Saturday, December 19, 2009

On the first night of Christmas break, my friends gave to me...

Yesterday was not a great day.  It should have been.  It was the end of school for 2009, and it has been a very long semester.  But it wasn't.  Luckily, last night it took a fabulous turn.  I got an invite to sing karaoke with a bunch of super fun people to celebrate the end of the semester.  People like this guy...


Timmy believes himself to be a karaoke rock star.  It's also of note that while incredibly spirited, Tim has a few tonal issues.  He got addicted while he was in the Air Force, and turns out it's kind of contagious.  He's become a bit of a regular at this particular dive and so has many of our crew.  Last night included all the usual suspects and several surprise guests.  Like this guy...



...the normally very quiet Jake.  He swung for the fences with the Marvin Gaye classic, "Let's Get It On."  It may very well be the highlight of my year!  He rocked, and while I promised I would not post these pics on Facebook, a performance like that deserves to be documented!  Way to go, Jake!

Here are a few other AWESOME people/performances...



Picking out the perfect song is half the battle.



Crystal singing a little number to Jake.  He just kept getting redder and redder, making this funnier and funnier...


Ronnie singing a crowd favorite.  Well, most of the crowd loved it anyway.



Eventually, even Timmy came around.



There was even time for a little dancing!

Somehow, there ended up being no picture of me, but I feel it's important to note here that I may very well become a karaoke junkie.  For my debut, I chose "Sin Wagon" by the Dixie Chicks and "Fancy" by Reba McEntire.  I had a blast!  It was just what I needed to get past the crappier parts of my day and kick off break in a big way.  Thanks for the invite, Crys!

1 comment:

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...