Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goals For A New Decade

"Never confuse movement with action." - Ernest Hemingway

Hemingway may have been a bloated, old drunk, but once in while he made a good point.  I spend a lot of time moving, but very little taking action.  2010 is going to be the year I change that.  I don't like New Year's Resolutions because to me, they just seem too temporary.  Instead, I have decided to set forth some goals for 2010.  These are things that I want to make happen over the next 360 days (in no particular order):

1.  Become serious about exercise. ( I won't beat this dead horse.  You know from my last post where I stand on the issue.)

2.  Get a plan together for going back to grad school.  I'm not sure that I am ready to go back yet, but I want to have all my ducks in a row for when I am.  And I am more sure than ever that I want my Master's to be in Administration.

3.  Be more organized, especially when it comes to my finances.  I'm doing much better than I was at one point, but there's still room for improvement.   There are also some things I have been wanting to change at my house and I think is the year I need to go for it!

4. Take chances.  I've always been a "play it safe" kind of girl.  And there's nothing wrong with that, really.  But I want to do some things that make me step out of my comfort zone a little.  Karaoke was not a bad first step, but I think there are others ways I limit myself out of fear of the unknown or fear of looking silly.  I don't want to live the rest of my life like that.

5. To be more focused on God and His Word.  When I was growing up, I wasn't really encouraged to read the Bible outside of the liturgy on Sundays at Mass.  I know all the Bible stories, but I want to really take some time each day to meditate on what God is saying.  I'm really bad about putting devotion time off for other things, even when I have plenty of time to do it.  No more!

6. Take more pictures.  Of everything.  All the time.  I am now the proud owner of two very nice cameras so I have no excuse!

7.  Blog more.  About nonsense, about my thoughts, about anything I happen to be thinking or seeing.  Especially now that I've sucked my friends into the blogosphere with me!

That's all for now, but who knows when another one might hit me...

1 comment:

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...