Tuesday, January 12, 2010

If You're Bothered By Rambling, Skip This Post (or perhaps this blog...)

Ok, so maybe something was actually wrong with me yesterday (not just my crazy girl hormones).  I had a sinus migraine when I got home from work, took some medicine and was asleep at 7:00 p.m.  I got up once to answer the phone (Mom felt really bad that she'd woke me) and once to put the cat up (she sleeps in her own room where she can be as nocturnal as she wants to be without waking me), but other than that slept until about 4:30 a.m.  Then, I was wide awake but feeling much better.

I'm having some scheduling issues this week because I have a whole lot of stuff to do and not a lot of time to do it in.  And last night was a total waste.  But, if I am very careful, I think I can still squeeze most of it in.  I need to make brownies, do laundry, pack  for the weekend, write a some letters, finish my PowerPoint that I keep staring blankly at, buy paper for and copy my handouts, make copies of and a backup drive for my talk, and clean out my car.  I work the basketball game tonight and have NYI tomorrow night, but at least I was smart enough to take a personal day on Friday so I can cram some of this stuff (packing in particular) into the time before we leave.  I just hate feeling like I don't have enough time to get things done.  It makes me do things like wake up in the middle of the night panicking.  Luckily, I am much better about it now than I was in high school.  (Those would get to panic attack levels almost!)  I just have to trust that the stuff I need to get done will one way or another, I suppose...

I do think that I have my talk the way that I want it.  After a lot of revision, I think the words are finally right.  I hope that they hear my heart though, and that they hear God, instead of just a bunch of words.  It's taken me a long time to be okay with where I am in my life, and it's a very personal journey.  What helped me may not be the thing for anyone else.  Because there is no secret formula for how to deal with singleness, just like there's no secret formula for how to deal with much of anything that happens in our lives.  No book, no website, no well-meaning friend can get you there, if your heart isn't ready to hear what God has to say.  And some of us take a lot longer than others.  Enough rambling for today...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...