Thursday, February 25, 2010

Go Ahead, Grandma, Make My Day...

So, yesterday, I was huffing and puffing away at the gym, really proud of myself for putting in a nice long work out, even without my trainer, and I looked around the room.  Two wonderful, 80-plus year-old women from the community were circuit training and visiting.  While I was sweating and sad-looking, these women were having a great time and barely even breaking a sweat, which would have been fine if they also weren't lifting twice as much as I had lifted and doing twice the number of reps!  I felt like a total exercise failure, and I couldn't help but laugh.  As if the actual college girls in there working out weren't enough to make me self-conscious...

Anyway, not too much going on today except I didn't sleep well again last night.  Must be something in the air because Mom said she didn't either.  I had a terrible time getting ready for work this morning too.  Just couldn't get motivated and didn't even get in the shower until 6:35...and I try to leave for work by 7:20 or so.  Luckily, I did eventually get it in gear so I wasn't late.  After work, I am going to work out (Experiment Day 3), then getting changed and heading to Vienna.  I'm going to hang out with Chell's girls for a bit and take them their Christmas/birthday presents (I'm a little behind).  I can't believe I haven't seen them since November!  I love them all, but I have a special place in my heart for my Maia-moo.  We may have to plan a sleepover at Aunt Katie's soon!

After hanging out with my girls, I am supposed to meet up with Lauren (the future Mrs. Webb) and talk wedding stuff.  Then hopefully, I will be able to get some acutal sleep tonight without waking up a hundred times.  I don't think a good night's sleep is too much to ask.  Especially when I have octogenarians to keep up with...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...