Thursday, March 18, 2010

And Deliver Me, Oh Lord, From The Elliptical...

I've prayed a lot of prayers this week.  Some of them funny (see title, and no, I'm not kidding) and some of them not nearly so.  I've seen the devastation when He says "no" or "wait" and felt such victory when He said "YES!"  But, no matter what, I can't think of another time when I have prayed with more consistency than I have in the last couple of weeks.  And even when God has not given me the kind of answer I want to hear, I've never felt abandoned.  Even in sadness, there has been peace.  Because the thing that I love most about God is that I feel like He hears the prayers we know are silly (see title), the ones that are silly in the scheme of things, and the ones that are very serious and closest to our heart with the same ear.  I compare it with talking to a little kid.  Sometimes they say things that don't make much sense, but you listen to them because you love them and you certainly don't want to miss something really important.  I would never pretend to know the mind of God, but I imagine that's more or less how He feels about us.  And I am so thankful that I know and serve a God like that.  And, Lord, now a minute about that blasted machine....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...