Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Walking On Sunshine!

Today it's absolutely beautiful outside!  And warm on top of that!  I always feel so much better when it's nice outside.  Which is pretty great because we have our first non-practice track meet this afternoon.  I absolutely love track despite the fact that I'm never really sure what I am doing as a coach.  It's a definite practice in humility.  I don't know all the technical jargon, I don't make our kids run with weighted parachutes, and most of our kids don't even have real track shoes.  But they have a good time and we have a good time and that's all that really matters.  And most of the other coaches are really nice, and more than willing to help us with minimal mocking.  Today will be a good test for my kids because we will be going against schools who are a lot bigger than us, which means they have more to pick from.  Small schools are always at a disadvantage in those situations.  But we have a few kids who can really go after it, so we'll see.  At the very least we will have a beautiful day for it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...