Monday, March 15, 2010

An Ode To Pierogies or Trying To Keep My Mind Off Things

I love pierogies.  Love them!  If you haven't ever had one, they are potatoes, onions, and cheese inside a pasta shell.  I boil mine because I am a mediocre cook at best.  But apparently you can serve them all kinds of ways.  They look like this if you pan fry them:


This picture makes me SO hungry!  Amber said that she had actually made them before, but that seems like a lot of work.  Instead, I buy them frozen from WalMart. (I'm sure they'll be calling me for my own show any day now.  Look out Rachel Ray!)  I just wanted to share one of the little things that bring me joy because today in general is kinda crappy for a lot of people.

If you haven't heard, Illinois is in a budget crisis.  Schools aren't getting the funding that they really need to function.  And that translates to cuts.  It makes for a very tense workplace today because tonight is the board meeting here and in several other districts where really not-great things are potentially taking place tonight.  I don't know what our board will decide, and we are in better shape than some.  But it's not fun to think about in any way, shape or form.  It stresses me out to even go there!

Which explains the pierogies...mmmm...pierogies...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...