Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Things are rough all over..."

This is a line from the YA Lit classic, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.  But it just seems appropriate for what is going on in Southern Illinois schools right now.  Massive lay-offs and cutbacks because essentially the state can't pay its bills.  Why can't we pay?  Now that's a whole different question.  I would say that our first problem is that we can't seem to elect a governor that doesn't end up on trial.  But if we continue to let public education wither on the vine, everyone is going to suffer the consequences in the long term.  *steps off soapbox*

In other news, Kelly Beth had her surgery and is doing well.  Praise God!  I love that even when we don't know people, we can be connected as brothers and sisters in Christ!  The next couple of days are going to be pretty busy for me, but I am so looking forward to this weekend.  I am off work starting at noon on Friday and I have plans to go exercise for a couple of hours, then spend the rest of my Friday and Saturday cleaning my house.  And those of you that know me are reading this and laughing, but I need to you stop!  I am really feeling the spring cleaning (and I need to play the time-honored game of "What spring/summer clothes fit?" and I am going to get it done this weekend.  That way I know what I still need to purchase for vacation and I have a nice clean house to come home to!  (And I need to be able to move my old bed out of the house and my new bed in.)  It's long over due plus, that much work can count as my workout for Saturday.

Oh and they are saying it might be stormy and 60 on Saturday and freezing with flurries on Sunday...Way to go, Spring.  Way to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...