Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Story of The Lost Peanut Butter (Or Why I Am Losing It!)

Last night, I was looking for the peanut butter.  I couldn't find it anywhere, but I knew that I'd had it at breakfast.  I checked cabinets (even the ones with dishes), the table, the stove.  Where was the PB?  I found it in the fridge with everything else I'd had out that morning.  And I know some people actually do keep their peanut butter in the fridge (my grandma), but I'm not one of those people.  And it's even more disturbing because I had been in the fridge several times and hadn't noticed it before my frantic search. Just goes to show I really am losing it!  ( I blame the children!)

Things have been amping up around here.  If you are a teacher, May always feels like a marathon run at sprint speed!  (Can't tell it's track season either, can you?)   I can't even begin to wrap my brain around the next few weeks, so I am just trying to knock things down one day at a time.  (Though sometimes an hour at a time feels like a bit much.)  In the next 24 school days I have three track meets, two awards banquets, two field trips, two graduations, an after-grad all-night party that I'm the chair for, oh, and I was called for federal jury duty and may have to serve over the next month in Benton.  And somewhere in there I am still teaching and trying to have some semblance of a social life (Cinco de Mayo looks promising). 

I've decided that I need a personal assistant or a housekeeper or some sort of combo.  I feel like I can't get anything done these days.  When I get home, I'm completely exhausted.  I have school work to do, job work to do, my house is gross.  I think it's a blessing that I just have to take care of myself right now, because I don't know how my friends with a husband and kids do it.  To top it off, I've been having a huge case of the weird mood swings lately.  Pretty sure it's just left over steroids, but for the last few days, I've been on the verge of tears.  About anything.  And if you know me, you know that is SO not me.  I'm not a crier, unless of course, you start crying, because nobody cries alone in my presence!  (Name that movie!)

That's about all.  I have a few hundred things I need to get to work on...

2 comments:

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...