Monday, April 19, 2010

That Was Then, This Is Now

Yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a really long time.  It was full of happiness, and good food, and worshipping God.  I just felt like my soul had lifted right on up to heaven.  But that, as they say, was yesterday. 

Today, started out with me running late, then realizing that I had a flat tire.  I dropped the car off at the shop (next door) and then had to figure how I was going to get to work.  It's times like these that make it really suck to be alone.  Thankfully, my friend and school secretary, Jerri, came and picked me up and took me to work.  But the hits have just kept on coming.  What I know is that this is the devil trying to defeat me.  He's trying to steal my joy, but I won't let him.  I'm trying my hardest to stay encouraged and to remember who wins the battle in the end! 

In other news, while I was waiting for everything to get taken care of this morning, a cat came up and started loving on me.  At first, I thought that my house cat had escaped and was outside with me, adding to all the fun.  Didn't take me long to figure out that it was not Delilah, namely because this cat was a boy, but they looked almost exactly alike, right down to the super creepy, extra green eyes.  He followed me back over to the shop, then back to my yard, and I think he would have gotten in Jerri's car with me and come to work if I had let him.  But if he stays around, I will probably feed him, because he's already nicer than the spoiled, psycho brat I let live inside.  He'll need a cool name though...

Been a long day already, but I am looking forward to some fun this evening too.  More on that later...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...