Monday, May 24, 2010

Not As Young As I Used To Be

Let's start with the most important news--I survived my night of a thousand high schoolers (or 50 high schoolers, whatever)!!  With the help of a few awesome adults (thanks, guys!), we had a really great time staying up all night celebrating the Class of 2010.

With that said, it's also important to note that I felt like death pretty much all day on Saturday.  I slept on and off, which was nice because I really do love sleep.  A lot.  But I ended up with a crick in my neck and my body clock all screwed up and just kind of whiny and miserable.  I know that I am only 28, but it is more than evident to me that I no longer bounce back from no sleep like I once did.  Now, it's important to note that I have never done well with no sleep for extended periods of time.  When I was younger, sometimes I would get physically ill if I didn't get enough sleep.  Luckily, that seems to have passed, but I still get a little nuts when my sleep schedule is off.  My body still isn't quite sure what day it is or how we got here (which isn't all that different from most days really!).

Needless to say, yesterday I took it easy after church.  I ended up hanging out at Mom and Dad's, watching/making fun of a couple Lifetime movies and watching Valentine's Day, which was fairly predictable, but cute. 

Only have the rest of this week plus Tuesday at work and I will be out for the summer!  Absolutely cannot wait to feel the weight of this school year lift off of me!  At least that part hasn't changed as I get older!  If anything it's gotten sweeter since I am the teacher!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...