Monday, July 26, 2010

So About That Update...

Umm, so I was totally planning on updating everything this afternoon, really I was.  But plans changed.  Everything is fine, thank God, but my car is in the shop for a little longer than I had intended.  So there's that.  But I am totally excited about how God goes before us and knows exactly what we will need long before we ever do.  Which is good because if I was in charge of the planning we would be in really big trouble around these parts. 

While I can't give you pictures and stories from my weekend yet because I am at the studio, I can give you a quick book review of what has fast become my favorite book, In A Heartbeat by Sean and Leigh Ann Tuohy.  It's partly about fleshing out their story, which you may be familiar with if you saw The Blind Side (and if you haven't you should!).  But the rest of it really focuses on being a cheerful giver and what they feel God means by that.  The Tuohy's do have financial means, and they give as freely as God allows, but they are also stewards of their time.  In the book, they discuss what they call the Popcorn Theory.  They believe that you don't necessarily have to set out to save the world, but it's your job to do something about the people or situations that pop up right in front of you.  I really like that idea.  I think that Christian action can seem very overwhelming sometimes and I don't operate well if I am overwhelmed.  But doing something where I am with how God sees fit to dole it out to me?  That I can deal with.  It's a great read, and I highly recommend it, but even more it makes you really think about what you are doing and how you can do more for the Kingdom of Heaven and for your world and community in general.

So there's that, too.  I promise I will let you see the big painting I bought and tell you all about the awesome, magical wonderland of a store I bought it in and all of that.  But, for now, you are just going to have to practice patience.  And if you are anything like me, you can probably use all the practice you can get.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...