Friday, September 17, 2010

I Wasn't Going To Post Tonight, But...

I had a long day.  I was in meetings all day and was pretty much out of words and coherent thoughts in general.  But then I wouldn't be keeping my goal for a "blog-at-all-costs September" so, here I am.  I came straight home today after work and haven't done much, with the exception of copying some CDs on to my hard drive, finishing Season 3 of The Big Bang Theory, and watching Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

In fact, let me take a minute to rant about how much I disliked the movie.  I mean, it was a perfectly fine movie in its own right, I suppose.  But it just wasn't anything like the book.  And the book is awesome!  So awesome in fact, that I have finished that book and moved on to the second one in the series.  And I don't normally like fantasy, but the Greek mythology tied in with a book that is so smart and funny, I can't stop reading.  There are five books total, so chances are I will be reading them all.  But I was really disappointed in the movie.  Way to ruin a perfectly good franchise, Disney.

Tomorrow, because I am either criminally insane or one heck of a teacher, I am getting up (early, on my only day off) to watch my boys play in a baseball tournament.  They asked and I couldn't tell them no.  Well, that and I really want to see them beat my friend's team.  Love to brag about "my kids!"

I've got a couple busy weeks ahead.  Next weekend, there's a wedding and a birthday party.  And the following weekend is my actual birthday, a photo shoot and Riverboat (which is my sister's thing, but chances are I will go).  It seems like things always get busy this time of year, but that's how I like things for the most part.  For the first time in a few years, I don't really have any plans yet for my birthday.  I may wait until the long weekend we get and get all my girls together then.  Time will tell I suppose.  I think I have probably rambled on enough for one night.  There may be pictures tomorrow.  Who knows?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...