Thursday, September 16, 2010

In A Mood

I really haven't had that bad of a day.  I try really hard to keep things in perspective.  I know that as I sit here at my computer, drinking my ice water and feeling the chill of the air conditioning that my life isn't really that bad.  I'm employed and love my job, I have a cute house, I have a good family.  I get all of that. 

But today, I am just in a mood.  I locked my keys in my car this morning (at least I had already made it to work), and that didn't even really bother me.  But I know I'm not the only one who has just been waltzing along in their day and had something just jump out and attack you.  It hits you the exact wrong way and you aren't anything other than furious.  You are suddenly so angry you understand the Incredible Hulk's motives and wonder if you can't just hulk smash something to bits!  (Though you don't actually try it, thank goodness!)  You just find yourself wondering what the heck you did to have this mess ruin your otherwise savageable day.  You find yourself wondering, just for a moment, who has to pay for this?

The good news is something will usually come along and change your perspective again.  At the very least your more sensible side takes over and you remember that this problem is not the end of the world.  It's not even the end of your day.  You take a deep breathe and dive headlong back into all the things that are actually going right.  And you realize that you don't have to let anything steal your joy.   Blogs are cheaper than therapy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, goodness . . . yesterday was my bad day! You are write, blogs are good therapy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...