Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend (So Far...)

Yesterday, after the epic Nature vs. Katie battle royale, I pretty much laid low.  I decided to try the P.F. Chang's packaged Sweet and Sour Chicken for supper, and I have to say it was excellent.  I made a little brown rice to go with it and it really hit the spot.  It was as good as going to the restaurant and not as expensive, so I felt okay about it.

I woke up this morning with seemingly a million mosquito bites popping up.  (Thanks again, Nature.  You big jerk!)  I went to church and hung out with the toddlers, sang with my girls, and came home for a bit.  I needed to take care of a few photography things (like downloading some pictures from my camera and cleaning off the disk), so I had just enough time to do that before I headed back to meet Sheena and Ronnie.  We went to the park, met up with the grown-ups who had been biking (plus Crys, who had not been biking) and had hotdogs and s'mores.  It was more fun than I expected, to be sure.  (Always fun to hang out with my second family!  It was the park element that confused me!)  Then, we went out to see Crystal's house and I must say, it's absolutely gorgeous, even in the dark.  And after living in the trailer for as long as she has, the girl has earned it!  I'll be so excited to see it finished! 

Looks like tomorrow, we are going to look at a possible wedding reception site and then having a cookout!  Should be a good time!  Might even get a picture or two.  (yes, I've noticed my blog has been light on the pictures lately too.  I've been taking them, just mostly of people, so they haven't been on the blog.)  Hope you have a great Labor Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...