Monday, September 27, 2010

Lovely Surprise

This evening, as I was hanging out enjoying the peace and quiet, I received a surprise phone call from a lovely friend.  Blondie (not her real name) and I have known each other since the 6th grade.  We weren't always friends when we were younger, but as adults we've seen each other through some things.  Like, for instance, she went to med school.  And moved upstate and then all the way to the East Coast.  Then, she got married!  (I was lucky enough to be up front with her for that part!)  She's brilliant, and I have tried to be her biggest fan as she waited to find out where the magical computer matching would take her next.  We don't talk all the time, in fact, we haven't talked in months, but I was so thrilled to hear from her.  It was a breath of fresh air to my evening!  You have to love friends who you can just pick right up with, no matter how long it's been.  And we always do.  I am so proud of her and I can't wait until October 13 now either!  Here's hoping for a perfect match, friend!

I'm not going to get to all the pictures up yet either.  You're going to have to get things in installments perhaps.  Here's one of my favorites from the weekend.  Nothing like pure, sweet victory!  My boys and my girls are going to the state tournament.  And can you guess who will be there at the crack of dawn next Saturday hollering like a maniac?  I love my kids!  Here's a glimpse...
I didn't get a single picture from the wedding, but I have several from the birthday parties that I will be sharing tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I have a few friends like that-easy to pick up with no matter how long it has been! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to love that! Nothing like a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True. Nothing like a good friend.
    Thanks for being a good friend and reading me still. Glad to see your smiling face and comments pop up on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Redeemed Diva -- Glad to see you back here! And still thrilled to be able to comment on your blog directly!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...