Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Favorite "Make A Bad Day Good" Songs

There's just something about a song that can change your mood.  These are my Friday afternoon songs.  Heck, sometimes they are my Monday morning songs, just depends on how things are going...

Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z and Alicia Keys - I know this song has been played for everything under the sun.  And that I am not from New York.  But every time it comes on it makes me smile.  I think it has something to do with my belief that if I sing it loud enough, I can sound just like Alicia Keys.

Kate - Ben Folds Five - Okay, so I don't smoke pot.  But the chorus is like my own personal theme song!

Dark Blue - Jack's Mannequin - This is my official "I need to brush off the stink of this day" song.  Once that pounding piano starts in, I can't help but feel better about everything.

On The Street Where You Live - Willie Nelson -  Yes, you read that right.  I think this is the most charming cover of that song I've ever heard.  It's just so adorable!

Take Me As I Am - Sugarland - You had to know I was going to throw in some Sugarland.  This song has one of my favorite lines:  "We all live with the scars we choose."  Plus you can't help singing loud on the chorus!

If I Ever Leave This World Alive - Flogging Molly - This song makes me think of P.S. I Love You, which is one of my favorite movies.  And it makes me think of Ireland, which somehow calms me. 

Honorable Mentions:
Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show
First Day Of My Life - Bright Eyes
Everybody Learns From Disaster - Dashboard Confessional
Love and Some Verses - Iron and Wine
Gonna Make You Love Me More - Ryan Adams

And speaking of music news, I'm really excited that Matthew Morrison is recording his own record.  I am unabashedly in love with him!  I don't even really care what it sounds like (ie if it's pop or dance club drivel), I would listen to him sing the phone book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...