Saturday, September 4, 2010

Nature - 1, Katie - 0

Today has been a beautiful day!  I got up and took a nice long walk and really enjoyed that it feels like fall outside, thank goodness!  I had thought that nature and I were going to be on good terms this season (we had a major fallout this summer), but I know now that it just wasn't meant to be for us.

This afternoon, I tired of being cooped up in the house and decided that I wanted to read my book outside.  You always see people in movies and pictures doing that and it looks so enjoyable.  So, I grabbed my blanket, a pillow, and the book I've been reading (A Year of Yes by Maria Dahvana Headley) and headed into the great outdoors that is my lawn.  Let the record show I lasted less than five minutes. 

How did nature foil my master plan so quickly you ask?  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the midwest mosquito.  I don't know about bugs in your region (though I've seen some pretty horrific pics from a friend in Arkansas), but mosquitoes here are large and in charge.  And persistent.  Even with bug spray, they would not leave me alone.  Darn you, Nature, darn you.  But tomorrow is another day...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...