Monday, October 4, 2010

A Little Late Is Better Than Never....

I'm linking up with Kelly to show you my dining room this week.  So "Hi" to those of  you visiting!  This is the main focal point of my dining room.    I have an "L" shaped room that houses my dining room, living area, and office.  The china cabinet is nothing fancy, but it's my grandmother's and I love it.  Mostly, I love all the dishes I have in it!  I do have a table, but it's small and usually covered in mail.  But here's a few of my favorite things.  These pieces are Fiestaware that belonged to my great-grandmother.  My grandma gave them to me a couple of years ago, and they matched what I already had pick out!  I thought it was cool that I had the same taste as a great-grandma I'd never gotten the chance to meet.

This adorable bowl is one of two I picked up at Annie Laurie's.  I adore unique pieces, and I thought these were just so much fun, even though I don't like cantaloupe!  And yes, that is a fine layer of dust you see there.  You wanna make something of it?  (tee hee!)

I have lots of Fiestaware.  I have the dark blue and green in my kitchen, but these are the colors of my living room, so I thought these fit the palette of the living room a little better. (And besides, you can never have too much Fiestaware.  Seriously.)
 


I also have a huge collection of wine and other glasses.  I had several different ones and my aunt has helped me add to the collection.  but my favorite things are little touches like these little picture holders with pictures of my grandpa's from World War II. 

Of course, there's also this centerpiece.  It's a 4 feet by 4 feet painting that I also got at Annie Laurie's.  It's really striking.  This is the next area that I am going to really work on, as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...