Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-Changes...

This was originally going to be a post about how great my Thanksgiving was.  And I'm sure that will come.  But that's just not what's on my mind right now.  My life is in a season of change.  And I don't know about you, but I don't especially like this kind of change.  Big life changes just aren't fun.  Even when you know they are the right ones. 

Because there are things that I just can't abide by.  I don't like people who lie, people who pander, or people who refuse to call things like they really are.  I've been dealing with a bit too much of that recently from places that you wouldn't necessarily expect to.  It breaks my heart that things are going in the direction they are for a thousand reasons.  Most of them are somewhat selfish, but that makes them no less painful. 

I don't know what's going to happen in the next few weeks or months.  I have no clue where God is taking me or for what reasons.  What I do know is that I can no longer stay where I am and be right with God.  That's clear.  He's calling me out because there is nothing left for me where I am, and I've known that for a while.  I talk a good talk, say all the right things because I have the head knowledge, but my faith is languishing because my heart is no longer in it. 

Even when you know it's the right thing, change is hard.  Perhaps that's so we don't do it flippantly, because these aren't all feelings that I want to feel or fears I want to face.  So, what I am asking is this, if you are the praying kind, pray for me and for those affected during this time of change. (God knows all the details.) Because what I do know is that prayer can work wonders, and sometimes it seems to be all I have left. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...