Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 21: Favorite Food

It's hard for me to pick favorites when it comes to food, so I think I will break it into categories to make my decision a little easier.

Appetizers:  Fried Pickles - If you have never had the opportunity to try this deep-fried delight, allow me to explain.  Dill pickles are sliced long ways into thin strips, covered in batter and fried.  You usually dip them in a spicy ranch sauce of some sort.  And they rock.  While I love Buckner's, The Hangout takes the top prize for the best I've ever had.  Behold...

Entree:  I'm game for pretty much anything Italian, but my favorite has to be lasagna.  It's all the best things about Italian food rolled into one. 

Dessert:  Ice cream.  I especially love this stand near St. Louis that makes concretes that are to die for. 

I do have a special place in my heart for any potato dishes.  I'm all kinds of German that way.  But, I'm a pretty easy girl to please.  (As evidenced from my ever-expanding back side!)

2 comments:

  1. I am hungry! Never tried fried pickles, maybe I should. I am not a fan of Italian but that is because I am allergic to cheese and a lot of Italian dishes have cheese in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sad for you about the cheese thing! That's my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...