Thursday, December 30, 2010

And Now, The Rest Of Christmas...

Like I mentioned in my last post, I took a lot of pictures of things this Christmas.  It's one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time, however, I believe it was the direct influence of the cold medication looking back.  We totally got a "White Christmas," but we didn't get slammed like a lot of places did.  I was perfectly happy with our inch or two.



The Wednesday before Christmas I got to have lunch with my friend, T.  She's an Eastcoaster now, which comes in handy sometimes.  (She's how we stayed in Charleston on Amber's first trip to the beach!)  She came home with more than Christmas spirit, however.  As her Christmas cards revealed, she's going to have a baby in June!  I had actually had a dream that she was pregnant several weeks ago, so I wasn't nearly as surprised as I might have otherwise been, but I am VERY excited!  I didn't get a picture of her and her baby bump, but I did get a picture of her parents' puppy lying on my shoe. 
Before we went to Christmas Eve at the Farmhouse, my family exchanged gifts.  I did manage to get a few pictures of people at that event, including my SIL's hilarious t-shirt!
 This is my seldom seen on the blog Daddy, opening his shirt that I got him.  (Well, shirt that Mom picked up because I couldn't find one in his size, but whatever.  I did manage to find him a couple books to keep him busy this week!  No one likes to read more than my dad!)

After that, it was to the Farmhouse for dinner and gifts.  You will see that we don't mess around with either.
 My world-famous apple dip!
 The tree was exploding with goodies!
 But, here's a little proof how big that side of the family is!  (It's ever-expanding, too, as my cousin and his wife just had a baby girl the week before Christmas!)  This old piano covered in pictures is one of my favorite things about my grandma's house.
After we finished, I went back to Mom and Dad's and mocked choirs on TV with my sister (a family tradition) and then went in to see what goodies "Santa" had left us!   That's right, we still get stuff from Santa.  Wanna make something of it?  It's one of my mom's favorite things to do, and we will let her do it at least until she gets a grandkid to spoil!  Christmas Day started with 8:15 Mass.  This picture was taken after (another family tradition).  (Please ignore how red and nasty my face looks.) 
We had Christmas with my dad's side of the family that afternoon which meant more presents, more food, and being able to really enjoy Christmas with my cousin's kids.  Doesn't the look on his face say it all??



I did Mays' Christmas that night and managed not to get a single picture, but it was a nice wrap-up to a great couple of days.  I would be remiss if I didn't show you want my SIL made (that's right, made) us for Christmas this year.  She usually makes us something special, a scarf or jewelry, but this purse takes the cake!  Thanks, Mel!  It's perfect!

 Here's hoping you had a great one filled with family (and maybe even pictures of them) this year!  One more Christmas post to go, but from a different perspective to come!

2 comments:

  1. You Christmas posts look amazing, white and delicious. It sounds like you had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rebecca! We did have a really good time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...