Friday, December 17, 2010

Guess Who's Lacking Christmas Spirit?

Today I am crabby.  Seriously crabby.  And easily annoyed.  Which is a problem when you teach middle school, as the population on the whole tends toward the annoying.  I hear you saying "But it's the last day, Katie.  Shouldn't you be filled with joy?"  Anyone who asked that has never taught school the week before a major break.  And I will be filled with joy.  This afternoon, as soon as the bell rings.

I love my job.  I really, really love my kids.  It's just that today, I'm having a little trouble mustering the happy.  Pray for me, people.  It's going to be a long "short" day.

3 comments:

  1. I think we can all get into that boat sometimes :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just can't feel what everybody thinks you should. I have a tough time with Christmas every since my dad passed away 2 years ago around this time. He was a senior and he was ill, but it's still hard to muster up enthusiasm, but things are getting better. Check out my blog today, where I've posted a whole new spin on "The 12 Days of Christmas" - I even sing!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...