Thursday, December 9, 2010

It All Goes Back To The End of Corporal Punishment...

Last Saturday, Steven, Allen and I were having a discussion about how the end of corporal punishment is leading to the downfall of society.  I don't mean beating kids or anything.  We can all agree that is not okay.  What we were really talking about is the lack of manners or understanding of situational appropriateness in today's society.  I love my students, but sometimes you just wonder what goes through their heads before they share some things.  And you don't have to look very far to see that too many people don't take pride in how they look or behave in public anymore. 

I mean, I wasn't exactly raised among high society or anything, but I know how to dress for dinner.  And what fork to use.  Allow me to give a totally random example.  For instance, I don't call people at home, on their private time, if something is not of the utmost importance.   And by utmost importance, I mean someone will die if the answer to my question is not answered right now.  When I call this person, I also don't act like they owe me something or that they know what the heck I'm talking about if I know they don't have all the information.  But even if I do have to make that call, I am apologetic for bothering them on their personal time. I am not demanding or confrontational.  But, of course, this is all hypothetical.

I just really want to teach the world some manners.  And I promise I won't even use a paddle. 

1 comment:

  1. Bahahahaha! Hypothetical!

    You are totally correct. People need to learn manners, but I want a baseball bat for those who refuse to use their manners once they've gone through your program! Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...