Thursday, December 16, 2010

Meanwhile, My Brain Is Somewhere Sipping Pina Coladas

I'm beginning to worry about myself.  I think that my brain has already headed off on a Christmas break getaway.  I'm just an absolute mess this morning.  I made it out of bed on time, but was already running late by the time I got out of the shower.  Then I couldn't decide what to wear and my hair wouldn't fix.  I almost forgot to put in the Butter Braid I was taking to the office for a pre-Christmas breakfast treat.  But, by 7:30, everything was going well.  I was in the car, with the still warm bread, halfway to work, when I looked in the rearview mirror and screamed. 

That's right, my dear people, I saw my own reflection and realized that I didn't have a stitch of makeup on.  And I am not one of those annoying people who leaves the house without it.  Ever.  So, I turned around and went right back home to rectify the situation, since my emergency makeup kit had been robbed of foundation.  (Yes, I have a makeup bag in my car.  Don't judge me.)  Which meant that I was thisclose to being late for work. 

Perhaps my brain is just a little annoyed that I had to go to work today after hearing that we were going to be iced out for the last 24 hours.  Or maybe it's just jealous that some of my teacher friends actually did get the day off.  (Looking at you, Crystal.) Or maybe it knew what the rest of me didn't, that I was not equipped to deal with even small groups of teens all hopped up on the prospect of having the next two weeks off.  Whatever the case, I probably shouldn't be left alone.  And I haven't even started on the cookies yet.

3 comments:

  1. When all else fails, you should make a bet with a fellow teacher. Apparently that's the trick that gives you a day to sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eugh we all have them days and don't feel bad lol. I have an emergency make up kit in my car too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crys, I am still terribly jealous.

    Rebecca, thanks! I am certainly having a day. That's for certain!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...