Wednesday, January 26, 2011

On Feeling Old

This week, I feel old.  Let me count the ways...
  1. Last night, I happily went to bed at 8:30.  I was exhausted, and I woke up very happy.  So happy, that I am likely to do it again tonight.
  2. Earlier, I flopped down on my couch and my back cracked so loudly that I was sure I had broken it.  Good news is everything still works.  Even better, my neck and upper back aren't killing me anymore, and I didn't even have to go to the chiropractor!
  3. Despite the fact that I graduated high school 11 years ago, I am still trying to pick outfits for Spirit Week.  (Because I was the smart one who chose to be in a school setting forever!)  Even better, I have managed to sign up to compete on the staff team, assuring that by Friday night I may be in traction.  (But the teachers are going to win tug-of-war!  Did I mention my competitive streak?)
  4. This weekend, my plans include cleaning the rest of my living room, doing my taxes and baking.  I don't think I even need to explain this one.
Age doesn't normally bother me (because I'm not that old), but this week it's kicking my butt!  Anyone get what I'm saying?

3 comments:

  1. I'm 21 and still do things like go to bed early etc. Sometimes we need to be like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog randomly (you know, that blog stalking thing where you click on one blog, then another and another... no? Just me?) - I feel like the only single girl left, too, and am often finding ways I feel old, all at the ripe old age of 27! ;) I look forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rebecca - I totally needed to be like that! But it was well worth it!

    @Lucy - Thanks for stopping by! One of my favorite things to do when I have a little time is blog hop! (Sounds better than stalking! ha!) That's how I found most of the ones I read regularly! It's always nice to meet another single girl in the world! Come back to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...