Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Sleep-Deprived Hodgepodge


1. Your favorite chocolate treat?
     If it's chocolate, it's fine by me!  My favorite right now is Ghiradelli's 60% Cacao chocolate chips from the freezer.


 
2. What more than anything else makes you feel loved?
      If you know me in real life, you know that I am kind of an awkward hugger.  So, hugging's pretty much out.   I don't really know how to answer this.  In this season, I feel most loved when my daddy comes over and takes care of the things I can't or don't know how to do for myself around the house, without whining or complaining about it. 

3. Cherries or blueberries?
      Cherries.  I learned that I really like bing cherries last spring/summer!  I can't wait until we can get good ones around here again!

 
4. What is the one trait you most want the leader of your country to posess?
     Honesty.  No joke when they say that it's the best policy.

 
5. Are you a saver or a spender?
     I would love to be a saver, but I still have serious spending tendencies.  I think I'm doing a much better job of finding a balance between the two.


6. If you gave a party for all of your friends would they already know each other?
    Mostly.  Not counting you, blog friends, I only have a few friends (namely those from work, from high school) that wouldn't know most of the people nearest and dearest to me today.  We may very well test this out at my 30th birthday! 

 
7. Are you interested in antiques?
    Yes.  But I feel I should clarify.  I love campy goodies, unique glassware, cobalt blue stuff, old cameras.  I am not, however, interested in, say,  fine Chippendale tables.  In other words, I like stuff real antiquers would turn up their noses at! 

 
8. There's not anything remotely romantic about spending Valentine's Day with 1,000 middle school kids.  But, you are guaranteed to come away with several funny stories.  And it beats the heck out of being alone.

7 comments:

  1. 1000 middle school kids-yikes! I spent days like that once upon a time...good for you!

    You've got me thinking I need to stash some chips in the freezer : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answer to #2. I also love Bing cherries. My dad turned me on to those many years ago because he would be tons of them every year when they came in season. Nice to meet you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Valentines on a Monday with middle schoolers was very rough...I had my sixth grade class at the end of the day and they just smelled of chocolate...ha ha. And a daddy taking care of his girl is definately an act of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I like all the things you listed...so maybe I'm not a real antique-r either. Truthfully...it's not totally in my budget. I liked your bio blurb and having taught a year of middle school Spec. Ed myself...the reason your future doesn't scare you is because you teach middle schoolers! HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also think a leader of a country should be honest.

    I can't imagine being with 1,000 middle school kids. Bless you and thank you for what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend whose mother has/had what must surely be the worlds largest collection of blue glass! The stuff was all over her house last time I was there!

    And I think you should totally test out the friend thing for your 30th birthday and report back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all antiques but I wouldn't (couldn't) have furniture in the house but I do love odd bits of glassware and have a small collection of little glass bottles and vases. The dinkier the better for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...