Sunday, March 13, 2011

Prayer Monday


Psalm 7:17 --I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.  

Praises:
  • Uncle James had another good week overall.  Repositioning the chest tube in the right lung seems to be helping, and he's had less atrial fib episodes.  Anything good is worth praising as he continues to heal.
  • We have finally had some beautiful sunny days this week!  It feels so good to be out walking in the sunshine.  Thank you, Lord!

Psalm 5:3--In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

Prayer Requests:
  • Uncle James - his continued recovery and for continued strength and patience for my auntie. I pray for the doctors and nurses who make the decisions about his care each day.
  • For Lucy - that her incision gets better quickly and she is able to move on to St. Jude's to begin treatment.  I ask for courage and strength for her parents and family as she walks this road.
  • For all my pregnant friends, those who are new mamas, and those who are waiting and praying to become pregnant -- A couple more mamas-to-be were added to the running lists this week, in fact.
  • For those who are deployed and those who carry on here in their absence.
  • For the women of our Bible study  and for Crystal as she facilitates for us-- Let us become women after God's own heart...  I can't wait for our next meeting.  This is going to be such a sweet time for us as we learn and share together!

Father God,  we wait expectantly for you.  I love that word.  We aren't just hoping for you to come and be with us and answer our prayer, we EXPECT you.  Thank you, Father, for guiding us through another week.  Help us to reach out beyond ourselves and our problems into a dying world who is in desperate need of a Savior.  I pray for each of the women who have committed to this Monday of prayer.  I am so humbled and thankful to know women who pray.  We are expecting you, Lord.  Come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...