Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. March 2nd is Dr. Seuss's birthday so I'm wondering...do you like green eggs and ham? Okay-how about this instead...how do you like your eggs? Or don't you?

      I will only eat eggs scrambled.  I have a consistency issue when it comes to fried or over-easy.  I'm weird, I know.  But at least I will admit it.


2. Is March coming in like a lion or something less ferocious where you live?

     Today is a beautiful lamb of a day.  But we had bad storms a couple nights ago (still in February, but it was this week), so we'll have to wait and see about what March is going to bring.

3. Do you work better or worse under pressure?

      Better.  I'm a procrastinator at heart and I always do my best work close to the deadline.  In college, I once (or twice or pretty much every time) saved a huge project for my Children's Lit class until the night before the project was due to start it.  It took me all day and into the night, but I not only finished it, but got a perfect score on it.  If I had been punished for my procrastination, perhaps I would have been better about organizing and working ahead.  I fear it's too late for that now!

4. March Madness-are you a fan? It's college basketball in case you're wondering. And if you're outside the USA tell us-is there any sort of 'madness' taking place during March in your part of the world?

      I love college basketball, but pretty much only follow it in March during the tournament.  I love trying to guess at filling out a bracket and usually have a competition among my classes.  It's a good time! 

5. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?

      I usually get my best revelations in the shower.  I don't have any idea why.  Otherwise, I like to brainstorm ideas with a group.  I think you get better inspiration bouncing ideas off people. 

6. What item of clothing from your wardrobe do you wear most often?

     Most of the time I am perfectly happy in jeans.   Or my yoga pants.  High fashion has it's place, it's just not usually in my closet.

7. Do you use sarcasm?

    Nope.  I would never use sarcasm.  Not with my friends, and never, ever with all of the sweet yet surly teens in my life.  I would never do something like that.  In all seriousness, asking if I use sarcasm is like asking if I breathe, but I am trying to cut back.  (On the sarcasm.  Not the breathing.)

8. My random thought: 
How did it get to be March already?  Am I alone in thinking that the last two months just flew by?  There are a lot of great things that are going to happen in the coming months.  I just hope I can slow down enough to really enjoy them!

8 comments:

  1. You are not weird at all about the scrambled eggs. That's the only way I'll eat them, too. And it probably is a consistency thing. Can't eat Gummy Worms (or anything gummy) either for the same reason. I am also a sarcastic (but trying to reform) procrastinator who thinks best in the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew so many people had egg issues? It seems that most people in the Hodgepodge have a lot of rules when it comes to eating eggs. : )

    I'm glad March is here-spring hasn't arrived yet but at least we're getting closer!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh...you had me going with the sarcasm! You had a good poker face, even on the internet!!!

    BTW, I am a shower thinker too! And here I thought the steam was from the hot water. It's really from my brain going into overdrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed with a lambs day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many people think in the shower!! I am with you if you are around teenagers or ESPECIALLY pre-teenagers sarcasm is a very good tool/weapon. It doesn't always have to be cruel and biting...I am not a cruel person but sarcasm is used in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "High fashion has its place...just not in my closet" cracked me up. And the cutting back on the sarcasm, not the breathing .I like your humor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you...TWO MONTHS?!?! Good grief, where has this year slid away to already? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a shower person too. I swear I could live in there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...