Thursday, April 14, 2011

Inspiration and Positivity

I often take time to write about celebrity gone wrong but I wanted to take a few minutes to talk about one who is doing something positive.  I don't really know all that much about Demi Lovato.  Her roots are based at the Mouse House (Disney) and she released some pop music, but after that I'm spent.  News that she had checked into the hospital surprised me, but at least she was getting help. 

Today, People Online posted this article, which explains what Lovato is doing next.  Seventeen magazine has hired her as a contributing editor, and she is talking about why she sought help.  She's also pairing with Love Is Louder and The Jed Foundation.  I love that Lovato is taking something negative and painful in her life and using what she knows to help others.  Love Is Louder offers resources, ideas, and the positive message that love really is louder than the "noise" that surrounds us in the world.

Another site/idea geared at the teen population, but not such a bad thing for the rest of us, is Operation Beautiful.  It doesn't get much more basic than a Post-It on a bathroom mirror, saying "You're beautiful."  I really encourage you to check out this site and see how it got started and read a few of the stories. 

What programs, websites, or people you know are doing something awesome for others?  Share all about it in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...