Monday, May 30, 2011

Dear Macy Jane

It was so sweet to finally meet you today!  It seems like we've been waiting for you for so long now, but in the same breath, I can't believe that this day has come so fast.  (Thanks for waiting until after the your baby shower, though.  As soon as you can see color you will know that it was worth hanging out for a couple more days to get those awesome dresses!)

You are coming into the greatest circle of people who already love you so much.  You totally lucked out in the mother department.  Your mother is one of the strongest women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, and while this will make you crazy when you hit your teens, it's something you'll grow to appreciate, too.  And of course, there are your crazy aunties.  You'll probably recognize our voices, as we aren't exactly known for our quiet and demure ways.  We will be the ones spoiling you and loving on you and teaching you all the things that you shouldn't know.  (Your mother will be so pleased when your first word is winery!) 

Let's just say I think you will like it here.  Looking at you today in your mother's arms, all I could think about is how lucky we are going to be to watch you grow up.  I didn't just see you as a tiny baby, but I imagined a chubby toddler, a little girl, a teenger (eek!)--I just can't wait to see what life has in store for you.

Welcome to the world, baby girl!  We love you already.

Auntie Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...