Friday, May 27, 2011

Please Pass The Dessert! (Show Us Your Life)

If you are joining me from Kelly's Korner, let me start by saying "Hi!"  Come in and have a look around.  I'm thrilled to have you here!

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that I profess to have only a small amount of cooking talent.  But one thing that I love to make is dessert!  And I have a very easy recipe for cheesecake that I make all the time.  I can't take credit for this recipe because it came from a Hershey's recipe card, but I will gladly share it with the rest of you.

Extra Serving Keebler Graham Cracker Crust  (very important)
3 packages of cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat the oven to 450.  Cream the sugar and cream cheese.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Beat until relatively smooth.  Pour into crust.  Bake at 450 for 10 minutes and then lower to 250 for about 30 minutes.  Let cool, then place in fridge for an hour or more. 

If you're feeling fancy, you can make a hard shell chocolate top by melting 2/3 cups mini chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream in the microwave.  Melt in 20 second intrevals, mixing each time so you don't scorch the chocolate.  When melted, smooth on top of the cooled cheesecake.


Another easy recipe I use all the time is for apple dip. 

1 package cream cheese
1/2 cup of sugar
1 package of caramel dip (like you would get to dip apples, not put on ice cream)
1 package of Heath brickle

Cream cream cheese and sugar.  Pile cream cheese mix in bowl.  Spread caramel over cream cheese.  Top with the brickle.

 It is so yummy with apples!  (And if you are lazy you can buy the pre-cut ones and have something to take to a work potluck in no time at all!)

Can't wait to read everyone else's recipes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...