Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Update

Consider this proof that I am trying to be better about posting, at least before this next week hits and I'm spending most of my time breathing into a paper sack about things I have yet to do. 

Yesterday was a really great day.  I got up early and went with my state qualifier to the meet.  He didn't get first or anything, but he's had a really great season and I am one proud coach.  Just wished the rain would have held off and it been about ten degrees warmer.  We've has quite the cold snap the last few days.

After I got home and warmed up, it was time to meet the girls for a little dinner and a movie.  Tara and I hit The Pasta House (the salad is to die for) and then met Amber at the theater to see Bridesmaids, which was hilarious!  As a single girl especially, there was something about Kristen Wiig's character that rang so true, making it that much funnier.  But the real scene stealer was Melissa McCarthy (Sookie from Gilmore Girls) who was just insane.  She made me double over several times with laughter, and I have a really loud laugh so I feel sorry for the other patrons (but most of them were laughing, too).   After we left Amber, we stopped to see Casey and waited for her to get off work, then we all somehow decided it would be a good idea to hit Walmart 'til midnight.  (Just us and the carnies, priceless.) 

I can't begin to tell you how good it felt to just relax and laugh, to not think about all the crappy things this week brought.  It was just what I needed.  Now here's hoping that Sunday doesn't come along and screw it all up. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...