Monday, June 6, 2011

Prayer Monday -- June 6, 2011

I don't know about you all, but I have a room of shame.  It's full of all the boxes and general crap I don't have room for anywhere else in my house.  When I first moved in here it was a bedroom, but if that's true, what did I do with all of the extra stuff then?  Did I not have any extra stuff?  I can't believe that somehow. 

Anyway, in order to get my house in order, I'm having to start with the room of shame.  Isn't that how we are in a our walk with Christ?  We come to Him all full of excess stuff, with our doubts, our fears, our shame.  He wants to clean up the mess so that there's more room for all of the good stuff.  All we have to do is ask Him to do it, to turn over the keys to our heart's room of shame.  We want to believe that if we keep it shut tight, He can't see it.  But, we know better.  And once we allow Him in fully, what a blessing!  It doesn't mean that there's never any more clean up that takes place though.  I'm continually having to go around unlocking rooms and letting the Holy Clean-Up Crew do its work.  I can't imagine I'm alone in this.

Like Crys, I do want to take a minute and ask for prayers and traveling mercies for Tara and her sweet baby and family.  I'm so sad they are leaving, but I know that she's ready to get started on their life together back where they live.  I'm praising God for all the blessings--a healthy baby, a healthy mom, time together. 

I'm also really thankful for the women of our spring Bible study.  Though I am rarely good about completing my homework, I will say that if I had to miss a discussion with these godly women, my heart hurt.  I will so miss the sweetness of our time together each week.  I continue to pray that God will give each of us a heart like His. 

3 comments:

  1. I prayed that you wouldn't sprain anything as you cleaned ;)

    Haha. Actually, I prayed that God would draw your heart as you open things to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praising Jesus that you're cleaning! :-) And I'm praying that God would continue to reveal the keys He desires for you to surrender. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie I am praying that God will give you the time you need this summer to recoup for the school. Time to rest in Him.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...