Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 6/15


1. What is one thing on your bucket list? If you don't have a bucket list let's pretend you do.

      I definitely have a bucket list!  I'm not making very good progress on it at the moment.  Maybe that's something I can work on this summer.


2. What makes a good dad?

      I don't know about everyone else, but I think a good dad is there for his kids when they need him, even if it's something silly like loosening a screw or hanging pictures. 


3. Are you afraid of insects? Which ones?

     Bugs on the whole don't really annoy me.  I don't like anything that surprises me.  If I can see it coming, I can do something about it.  This is especially true of crickets, grasshoppers and anything that jumps.


4. We're barbecuing...what's on the grill at your house?

     Steak.  Or chicken.  Or both.  I also really like potatoes and veggies done on the grill.  But I don't actually have a grill, so why don't we go to your house?


5. Do you believe that playing is more important than winning?

    I think that it's important to give your all and not quit.  I also think that it's important to be a good winner.  I do not endorse this "everybody gets a trophy" mentality, however.  I think that some people are good at sports and others are good at other things.  If you love it, do it.  But, you also have to be realistic when it comes to things like playing time.


6. Do you tan? Use self tanners? Visit tanning salons? See your dermatologist at least once a year?

     I don't tan as in using a tanning bed, but I have used self-tanners once in a while.  I wear sunscreen if I know I am going to be outside at the pool or beach.  But I don't go to the dermatologist like I probably should.


7. Five years ago I would never imagine that today I would be okay with still being single
    

8.  This has been the week of unexpected adventures.  I'm a little concerned about what's going to happen next.

3 comments:

  1. love your thoughts on being a dad.. Your number 5 was very true and important to read.. Love your #7..

    Have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good adventures or bad adventures? Hopefully the good kind...enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our grill can be lit and ready in minutes, all before you come :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...