Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 7/13


1. How has your hometown changed since you were a kid? What has changed most about the neighborhood you grew up in?

     This question kind of makes me giggle.  Aside from maybe who owns the businesses, my hometown hasn't really changed much at all.  And I didn't grow up in a neighborhood, I grew up on my family's farm, which I would never want to change.  It's one of my favorite places ever.


2. What song makes you laugh?

     "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers.  This started out as a joke on How I Met Your Mother, and ended up as the Official Road Trip Song of 2011.


3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world?

   No, I'm not a fan.  I've never read the books or seen the movies or any of it.  It's just not my favorite genre.  But, thanks to Crys, I have been at a few of those midnight book release thingies, and let me tell you, those Harry Potter people are serious about their stuff!
    

4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever?

     I think it's important to tell the truth as much as possible.  However, I also think that it's not always necessary to go around telling everything you know.  There's no reason to be hurtful to someone if it's about something that doesn't really matter.  Perhaps your friend doesn't look great in green, but if she just bought a green sweater she loves, keep your mouth shut.


5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better.

     Casey made these magical spinach nachos for Tara's baby shower.  I would eat them every day if I could.  They had garlic and butter and heavy cream...and oh my goodness, I miss those nachos.


6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread?

     No reunions on tap.  My high school isn't really great about the whole reunion thing.  I see some people now and then, and keep up with others thanks to Facebook.  I wasn't a big fan of high school, so I think I might feel a little dread.  My family doesn't really have big reunions either, though I would love to have another big one sometime.  And that would be worth getting excited about! 


7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one.

     Easiest question of the day!  I love peonies!  They are the most beautiful flower, and so fragrant.  See below:

8.  My Random Thought:
        
     After 29 years of being less than enthusiastic about housekeeping, this week, I've been all about it.  I'm beginning to worry that something might be wrong with me, but my house is finally starting to look put together.  Weird. 

11 comments:

  1. Spinach nachos--yum! Could you please post the recipe? Growing up on a farm (okay, farmette) was its own brand of magic.I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had the recipe I would gladly post it right now, but I don't cook so giving me recipes is futile. I will see if Casey will either post it on her blog or will email to me and I will post it then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Spinach nachos sound delicious! And, perhaps most importantly, like something I could make for my family and my children would protest because they were, you know, GREEN, and so I would HAVE to eat them all myself before they discovered how utterly delicious they were!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with the others, we NEED the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking all your comments are going to be about the spinach nachos. I won't ask for the recipe because I'm seriously trying to lose a few pounds and should not be eating cream sauce on anything!

    My dad grew up on a farm and we loved going there as kids....its been sold and divided up for many years now since none of the kids or grandkids took up farming. Kinda sad, but I remember it the way it was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't grow up on a farm but my dad bought a farm a few miles from our house. How I remember those days. Thinking back, I kinda enjoyed all those farm chores it did bring closeness to our family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, since you are really enjoying the cleaning thing right now...my house could sure use a good cleaning and being put together! hahaha Seriously, wish I could get myself in gear to clean and organize.

    We moved to a small farm when I was a freshman in high school and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't stand housekeeping> If you figure out how you changed, set up a workshop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spinach-Artichoke Nachos, anyone?

    http://masqueradingasachef.blogspot.com/2011/07/for-katie-and-her-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. After doing as little housework as possible since we got out for the summer, I spent 4 hours cleaning my son's room today. Looks like the cleaning bug has finally taken a bite!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...