Thursday, September 22, 2011

First World Problems

I'm trying very hard to learn to live my life in perspective.  Scratch that, I would like to believe that I am trying very hard, but let's be honest.  Some days are definitely better than others.  As I was getting ready this morning, frustrated from too little sleep and not enough get up and go, I have been trying to remember that my problems are first world problems. 
  • I had to work late last night, not making shoes or in a textile mill, but selling concessions at two baseball games, in the beautiful weather, with some willing volunteers who stepped in when I was short-handed. 
  • I didn't get enough time sleeping in my nice, warm bed.
  • I don't like the new Facebook layout and not being able to see the information I want to see immediately the way I want to see it with my high-speed internet connection.
  • I had to scarf down my breakfast while washing dishes--indoors, using clean water.
  • I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear out of a plethora of choices.
I could list a lot more, but you get the point.  I don't like it when plans change, when something unexpected and/or unpleasant comes up, but who does?  I have more than I need of just about everything.  I am so blessed.  I just need to focus on that instead of what grates my nerves.  Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the new FB layout either. I heard more changes are to come! Stop it Mark!!
    I have millions of clothes, would love to live in sweats & tees, but make myself pick something, just something out of my closet. I normally end up with a plain tee or tank with a cardigan. So impressive.

    Love reading your blog! I heart funny girls!
    I nominated you for a blogger award! Check out my blog for details!
    http://thequeenskourt.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to remind myself multiple times a week that I can choose my attitude - it's not just thrust upon me.

    I'll let you know when that finally sinks in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the twitter or blog (can't remember which) called First World Problems? It's funny but also it does make you think...we all need a little perspective now and then.

    Hope the rest of your week is brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good prospective... I think you may have inspired a post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...