Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Details, The Set Up, and The Rehearsal Dinner

The Wedding Story:  Volume I:  On Thursday night, we met up to decorate the church.  Because there were already gorgeous fall decorations out, we didn't have to do much.  The guys did have to put together the canopy thing, which I promise was even though it doesn't look like it in the following picture. 
We added a few leave and some paper flowers and we were good to go.  As a bonus, we got to have one last trip to DQ together after leaving the church, which was always kind of a family tradition.

On Friday, we decorated the reception venue.  Aunt Sandy had put together some of the most beautiful flower arrangements for the tables (28 of them in all, including cornucopeias, plate arrangements, and wicker pumpkins.)  It didn't very long to set the tables and get everything ready for the big day.
No real signifcance, just pretty
Looking down the head table.
This also seems like a good place to talk about Sheena's bouquet.  She's shown it on her blog too, but even though I had my doubts about how it would turn out, Aunt Sandy knew best!  I loved all the brooches, the flower base, and the feathers.  It was one of the most beautiful bouquets I've seen, and I've been to a lot of weddings.
Here's Sheena and Crys at the reception hall.  Don't they look fabulous for having no makeup on?  This is one of my favorite pictures from the weekend.

 I was a little busy during the actual rehearsal, so mu pictures weren't all that great.  But I did take a few at the rehearsal dinner.  We ate at one of our favorite local places, BHG, and it was spectacular as usual.  Debbie, mother of the groom, gave a toast that made us all tear up (sort of a weekend theme) and then gave us all buckeyes, saying that every time we saw it, we should say a little prayer for the newlyweds in Ohio. 

Here's part of the room enjoying the fabulous food and even better company.  It was such a warm and happy night!
Here's to the happy couple!
The bride (with a photo bomb from the groom) with the world's cutest flower girl and ring bearer (twins)!  Just wait until you see them all dressed up tomorrow!

2 comments:

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...