Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 10/26



1. What gives you goosebumps?

Nails on a chalkboard.  Someone who is especially good or especially bad at singing.  Snakes.  (I should say that I can no longer read goosebumps without imagining Taylor calling them the pee-pee shivers, which I think it hilarious!)


2. Halloween-are you a lover or a hater? Okay, that sounds harsh...Halloween-yay or nay?

I am really indifferent.  When I was a kid, I loved the dressing up and the candy and whatnot.  My brother and I sprawled out on the rug in the post-looting exchange remains one of my favorite memories.  However, today, the thought of dressing up just seems like a lot of work.  And most grown-up female Halloween costumes are kind of well...slutty.  And no one wants to see all that.  So, I will be perfectly happy not participating.

3. Can you respect someone you do not trust, and can you trust someone you do not respect?

You can pretend to respect someone you can't trust because I've had to do it, but it's not real respect.  I don't think that you can trust someone you don't have any respect for either.  (see:  American politics) 

4. Apples or oranges? Yes, you have to choose.

Oranges all the way.  During the winter, I will eat so many it would be cheaper to buy my own tree in Florida.

5. What is something you wish was in your town? (shop, restaurant, attraction, etc)

I wish that there were lots of things in the town I live in because it's small and has nothing really.  But if I were to think about the places I frequent, it would be fun to have a Cheesecake Factory or something like that near.  I would also love to have a big mall with a stand-alone Sephora (not that I need any more help spending my money there!). 


6. What non-food item is in your refrigerator or freezer?

Eye drops.  Under-eye puffiness reducer.  Ice packs.  Face masks.

7. Are you at all superstitious?

Yes and no.  I believe that I bride should have something old and all that.  And I make the sign of the cross when I pass a cemetery where a funeral is going on or when I meet emergency personnel on their way to a call.  I used to have a little worry stone that I carried around for good luck on tests when I was in school.  But, I don't really believe that doing them or not doing them will change the outcome or bring bad luck or whatever.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm sure I'm completely alone in this, but I just feel like the last couple of weeks have been out to get me.  I've developed some kind of a persistent cold, I have something to do EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT., I just can't seem to get caught up on anything, things keep breaking.  The list can go on and on.  I know that I will get through it and I am trying not to complain (some days that goes better than others), but I'm just like "When will it end?"  Am I the only one?

14 comments:

  1. Well I woke up with a brutal sore throat so I can relate. I just hope its allergy related as opposed to a cold coming on. Plus, we have snow in our forecast which seems too ridiculous to even mention. I so hope they're wrong about that!

    Hope your week brightens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you are not the only one & I hope it gets better quickly !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone in your frustrations! I've been "on a roller coaster ride" lately...and I'm ready to GET OFF!

    Sending "good vibes" your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a Cheesecake Factory not too far from me, but I've never been there. I live in an area with a ridiculous number of restaurants, so there are still a bunch I've yet to try. That one is super popular and is definitely on the list. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with you on #2. Why do adult women want to look like call girls on Halloween? Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pee-pee shivers! LOL . And why don't costume stores carry XL and XXL sizes. Oh, yeah , cuz nobody wants to see an XXL sleeze muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pee-pee shivers made me giggle. How funny. I had to find a Halloween costume this year and after looking at all of the half clothes options in the store I decided to make my own. I'm a painter. Not exciting but at least it's modest.

    And no it's not just you I feel like the Holiday season is out to get me this year. I hope that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Answer # 3 is Right ON!! Please feel better. I swear by NyQuil, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so agree with you on costume choices I was looking for one to wear to work had quite a time finding one

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same way when it comes to adult Halloween...girls choose it as a night that it looks ok to be slutty. I'm over it.
    I'm with you, I'm either sick/over booked/or owe $$ on something. I don't think it ends, at least I haven't been able to find an ending!
    I linked up with you today b/c I love your WH posts!

    http://thequeenskourt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You need some quiet time! Just stopping by from Wed. Hodgepodge. I hope you accomplish all thats on your list. There is always something to do when you own a home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally living your #8 Random Thought. Tomorrow is supposed to be my special day of spending time with friends in Atlanta at t luncheon for me....my daughter got in a wreck this afternoon (she is ok) and I had to cancel...that is just one in many things that have not gone as planned...is there a full moon going on or something? maybe a barometric anomaly? Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're definitely not alone on #8 or #2.

    I'm right there with you, through the ever-lasting flu, the packed and double-booked schedule and the malfunction-magnatism!

    As for the halloween costumes - we're having a fancy-dress AGM & Wind-Up party this weekend for a non-profit I volunteer for. Do you think I can find a single costume that actually covers all the wibbly-wobbly bits left-over from giving birth 6mths ago? No... Apparently, unless I want to where a full-body teddy-bear suit (which is entire unsuitable with the heat here) I have a choice between tarty witch, tarty school-girl, dominatrix or just for something different - naughty nurse!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...