Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 11/2



1. Who taught you how to cook?
Bah-hah-hah-ha!  I'm not a good cook at all, and I'm not sure who gets the blame for that.  No one really taught me how to cook formally.  My mom and dad both have their speciality dishes, and my grandmas do too.  (This weekend, my mom made an crumb-top apple pie that was SO delicious that just reliving eating it makes me smile!)  I have probably learned as much from my friends and from cooking shows as anywhere else.  But I am not exactly a wealth of knowledge.



2. Have you been told you think too much? Are too much of a perfectionist? Are too sensitive? Were they right?
I am not a deep thinker.  In fact, sometimes I worry that I don't put enough thought into my decisions.  I am also not a perfectionist.  I want things to be done well if I am in charge, but I am willing to accept that sometimes close enough works.  I am probably as little too sensitive, though.  I tend to take things to heart, even if they weren't really directed at me.  (This goes all the way back to childhood.  I used to cry when other kids got spankings.)




3. As a child did you have a favorite blanket or toy? Tell about it.
I had a favorite blankie that had a rabbit face and ears and a little blanket for a body.  In fact, I talked about it in this post for 2 on Tuesday not that long ago!




4. What 'institution' do you have the most faith in?
I think marriage.  And when I say that, I'm not talking about the Hollywood kind, which are really more about the wedding and less about the marriage (Looking at you, Kim K. and Kris!).  I'm talking about the relationships that outlast the hard, overcome the sad, and make happy look like the best thing out there.  My grandparents had that, my parents and aunts and uncles, too.  I know it exists.  And if I ever join that particular institution, I will join it wanting no less.




5. Chrysanthemums-pansies-burning bush-ornamental cabbage...your favorite in an autumn garden?
I love pansies!  I think they are so pretty.  It helps that they are hearty too, because I have a tendency to kill anything that flowers.



 
6. What superpower do the kids in your neighborhood seem to posses?
 Well, there aren't really a lot of kids in my neighborhood.  My house isn't really on that kind of block.  And as far as the kids in my life this week, I don't know what power they have, but it is totally fueled by candy!  :)
 

7. Are you a fan of the cranberry?
I used to hate cranberries, but I have learned to like them.  I enjoy craisins.  I also really like cranberry juice, but if I were being completely honest I like it better when it's dressed up and served in a cocktail glass.


 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thank you for all your sweet thoughts last week!  I am feeling a lot better.  Overwhelmed seems to come in waves.  This week, I'm trying to take things in stride a little better, even when I found out that the repair to my furnace is going to be expensive.  Things could always be worse.  And sometimes perspective is all we need.  (And love and encouragement from a bunch of great bloggers!)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. We have had a wave of repairs here recently and they can get you down. Now we have two big trees down due to snow that we have to deal with and it isn't cheap. Ugh.

    I'm so tired of the Kardashians. I wish the media would stop fueling their fire but I'm pretty sure that's wishful thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha superpowers fueled by candy! =D So very very true! :) Glad to hear you're feeling a lot better =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better - love the superpowers fueled by candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now going to fantasize about a crumb-top apple pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't drink cranberry juice. It is so bitter :/

    I only have certain things that I expect to be perfect. Everything else can be "good enough" :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...