Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Baby Shower!

Almost two weeks ago, we had a shower for my SIL, Melissa, and my niece, who I will calling the Divine Miss M (for now, at least) in the blogosphere!  Nothing like being prompt and on top of things, right?  I say "we" had a shower, but it's more like we atended one, because Mel's mom did a beautiful job throwing it.  Everything was just gorgeous and oh so pink! 

This table was set up so the guests could write sweet messages and advice for the new parents.  I love the idea an the Pinterest topiary Mel made!  (I have the craftiest SIL ever!)



A close-up of the ribbon topiary...
And the food!  There was so much and it was just awesome!  It was a sugar coma waiting to happen an everyone in attendance as happy to indulge...
This is one of my aunties and her grandbaby, who was the youngest (and one of the cutest) attendees.  Don't you just want to squeeze those sweet chubby cheeks!  Miss M and this sweetie will be very close in age and I have no doubt keep us all entertained at family gatherings in the future!
Mel and Miss M got some of the best goodies! 

I would carry this bag myself.  I love the polka dots and color combo!
And no girl's wardrobe is complete without an outfit to wear when she's cheering on the 2011 World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals with her daddy!
Mel's college friend was able to make it in for the shower and was also able to be here for the wedding!  I loved that she was able to be with us to celebrate!   Here's Mel and Kate...
Mel said she never would have agreed to this picture under normal circumstances.  Katie is half the reason that Matt and Mel met, and Mel's BFF.  She also looks like a supermodel and is always impeccably dressed.  (Good thing she's as sweet as can be or it would be real easy to hate her! :)
And here's Mel her mom and my mom, the future grandmas! 
It may have been raining outside, but it was a wonderful day full of family and friends inside!  Now all we have to do is wait on Miss M to get here!  (And we all know how I am about patience!)
Mom and Dad to-be

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...