Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 12/14


1. Do you put Christmas decorations in every room of your house? If not every room, what rooms do you decorate?

No, I don't.  In fact, I don't put up many decorations on the whole.  I'm not a Scrooge, I promise.  But, between things at school and the fact that I am usually the only one here, I just don't really see the point in it.  I do put wreaths up and a few other goodies, mostly in my dining room/living room/office.

2. If you could visit one of the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) which one would you choose and why?

I have absolutely no idea.  I think I would probably pick Sweden, but I have no good answer as to why. 

3. What does the word faith mean to you?

The word faith means living your life beyond the visible.  I don't have to see God to know He is there and believe His promises.  Faith is saying that even when you don't feel it, or see proof, you believe in a God who sees and knows and is working out His plan for you.

4. You can go back to your childhood for one day...what day and age would you choose?

I think I would choose when I was eight or nine, and the day would be one of the days when I was in the local theater productions.  I love the purity of being on the stage then.  I wasn't jaded or worried about anything else and I wasn't old enough to get the politics of it all.  Those were sweet days.

5. When did you last have 'punch'? If it's not too much trouble share your favorite punch recipe.

I've been to a lot of showers recently, which means I've been drinking lots of punch.  My favorite recipe is Strawberry Slush punch.   I don't have the recipe with me, but will try to put it up later this week.  (It's one of those that my grandma got from another church lady who got it from another church lady things.)

6. Do you fill stockings at your house? Are stockings opened before or after the bigger gifts?

Stockings are definitely filled at my parents' house.  They are opened very early on Christmas morning and then again once everyone gets up for breakfast (to review) and are filled with any number of awesome things! (Because my mom absolutely loves little surprises!)

 
7. What takes your breath away?

I'm easily amazed, so the list might include: sunsets, sunrises, the beach, a piece of art or a photograph, and most recently, this picture of my niece, the Divine Miss M, who will be here soon-ish!
8. Insert your own random thought here.

I can't believe this is my last week of work for 2011!  I'm certainly ready for it, but I can't believe that it's come so quickly either.  This school year has definitely flown by so far!  But, I can't say that I am really that sad to see 2011 come to a close for the most part.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but I am SO ready for the last week of work! We go until the 22nd though - counting the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love lots of little surprises around here too. The ultrasound is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...