Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolute

I hesitate to even write this post, because I am sure that it's going to sound exactly like everyone else's, and even like some other posts I've written here before.  But here goes.

When I think about what I want for the New Year, I can't help but think a fairly simple thought:  I want to be better.  And now you're thinking. "Way to be vague, Katie.  Think you could clarify a little."  Don't worry, I have points.  And they're bulleted.  (in no particular order)
  • I want to treat my body better.  I need to get healthy.  I have a family history of all kinds of terrible things and I am not getting any younger.  I will move more.  I will make healthy choices.  I will not worry about the number on the scale.  Instead, I will focus on how I feel, in my clothes and in my body in general.  This won't be easy, but it is necessary.  I will do the work that is required to live the life I want to live.  (It's official.  I made an inspirational bulletin board and everything.)

  • I want to do a better job managing my finances.  I don't really have a choice on this one, because I am making a car payment again, but I want to get rid of as much as my debt as I can.  This means that I will be working a summer job and I won't have the kind of fun money that I would like to have, but it will be worth it in the end.  If I want to eventually be able to make the improvements on the house I want to make and go back to school, this is something that has to happen.  (Plus, I will need all of the extra money I could have spent on myself to spend on my niece!)
  • I want to be a better Christian.  Because of a bunch of things, I have not put the focus on worship and study that I should.  I have not been serving in the ways that I could be.  And now that I have the finding a new church issue settled, it's time to do what I know I am supposed to do.  Not because I have to, but because I want to.
  • I want to be better organized.  I want to get rid of the clutter in this house.  I'm tired of looking at it and living in it.  I want all of the living and storage space in this house to be functional.  I want to keep my car clean and free of junk.  It's just time to do and not look back.  (Which is really difficult for a packrat!)
Basically, what it comes down to is that if it's not good for me physically, emotionally, spiritually or financially, I don't want to be a part of it.  I want to be the kind of person that I know that I am on the inside.  I don't have anything to prove, except to myself. 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals for this new year! I have some of my own I'm going to be working on...being 'better' is a noble ambition. I understand what you mean by that word. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure our lists could be identical . . .
    Good luck! I'm digging the inspirational board!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...