Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 1/11


1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012---amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, trickeration, ginormous, and thank you in advance.

Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Go here to read more about how the words are chosen.

I am trying to stop overusing amazing.  What I hate more than people using these words is people using words incorrectly or who frequently mispronounce the same word over and over.  That gets on my nerves faster than anything.  I do really dislike the word pimp, however.


 
2. Are you easily embarrassed?

Yes and no.  Sometimes I can get really embarrassed about situations, but mostly I just try to laugh.  However, there have been times when I have walked away from people I was out with in an "I don't know them" sort of way.


 
3. What is your go-to snack?

I love snacks!  I am trying to eat healthy, so lately it has been oranges.  But I really love Reduced Fat Cheez-Its.  A lot.


 
4. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? If not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most want to see in that city? If you have been, what's your favorite site/attraction?

I loved D.C.  I would actually love to go again, with a little more time and a better camera.  My favorite place was the American History Museum, but I didn't get to see as much as I wanted to of the Smithsonian buildings.  I would also like to go to the Holocaust Museum, the Library of Congress, and tour the Hill again.    I would really like to go in April when the cherry blossoms are in bloom and it's not as hot as when I was there the last time.  (There was a major heat wave!)


 
5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats...which do you hate the least?

Lunges.  But I really despise the whole lot equally.  Exercise is a necessary evil.  Heavy on the evil.


 
6. What's a small act of kindness you were shown that you've never forgotten?

There was the sweetest lady where I used to go to church named Evelyn.  She's passed away (she was in her 90s when I met her), but she used to write us little notes of encouragement.  I will never forget what her words did for me and for our ministry when we were singing.


 
7. Have you ever been a blood donor?

I haven't.  I am absolutely terrified of needles.  They still use a butterfly needle on me when I have to have blood drawn.  And blood in those bags gives me the heebie jeebies.  I used to work blood drives in high school, but they kept me at the registration table where I belonged. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I begin my after school job on Thursday night.  It's a little more involved than I thought it was going to be, but I really think I am going to like it!  Either way, the extra money will be well worth it!

6 comments:

  1. I'm terrified of needles, but I admit use my 'low iron' as my excuse not to donate. (I really do have low iron). Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with #7. Not.my.thing! I don't mean that in a mean fashion...I just can't handle the sight of blood like that and the needles. I'm thankful my husband does tho'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Holocaust Museum has really stayed with me. It is so well done and I think everyone should pay a visit. Good luck with your extra hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just didn't have time to get there while I was in D.C., and I really regret that! I was there on a tour for teachers, so a lot of the time was already mapped out for us.

      Delete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...